Dear Manning Ski Club Families and Members,
As British Columbia public health authorities develop guidelines to lift some restrictions on gathering in a responsible way, the Manning Ski Club has been working with the guidelines of AlpineBC and ViaSport to understand the recommendations of our Chief Provincial Health officer and how they best apply within our sport and club environment.
The MSC Return to Sport Plan has been developed for our club in order to ensure that:
· Health and safety of all individuals is a priority;
· Activities are in alignment with provincial health recommendations;
· Modifications to activities are in place to reduce the risks to each of our skiers;
· Our sport is united and aligned on a plan to reopen throughout the province.
While we do hope things will return to normal soon, currently this Return to Sport Plan will be the new normal until we are advised otherwise by public health authorities.
We are in full cooperation with the ski hill to ensure a safe return to sport. These guidelines may be updated as we get closer to the first practice day.
If you choose to participate in the Manning Ski Club this winter, you must follow these rules:
· If you don’t feel well or are displaying symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home;
· If you have traveled outside of Canada, you are not permitted at a practice until you have self-isolated for a minimum of 14 days;
· If you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay home;
· Wash your hands before participating;
· Always comply with physical distancing measures;
· Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands, high fives, etc.
· Arrive and depart the resort as per resort guidelines.
Our Return to Sport Plan is based on current public health guidance. While we are all doing our best to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk. Each participant must make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to resume participation at this time. You must consider your own circumstances and make the decision that is right for you. Should you wish to join us, we require your full cooperation with our Return to Sport Plan.
Please review the MSC Return to Sport Plan to familiarize yourself with our COVID-19 protocols, the changes to how operate and how this will impact the 2020-2021 ski season.
We thank you for your participation and support of the plan!